Effective: January 17, 2020
When we refer to “Viz.ai”, we mean Viz.ai, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiaries.
Table of Contents:
- Information We Collect and Receive
- How We Use Information
- Data Retention
- How We Share and Disclose Information
- Age Limitations
- Data Protection Officer
- Contacting Viz.ai
Information We Collect And Receive
Viz.ai may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Other Information. Viz.ai also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Deployment and Account Information. To create or update an Authorized User account, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply Viz.ai with an email address, phone number, password, role or title, and other similar account details. In addition, Customers provide Viz.ai (or its payment processors) with billing details such as banking information and a billing address.
- Usage Information.
- Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, Viz.ai logs when an Authorized User logs in to the Services, what studies are accessed by an Authorized User, and other Authorized User activity within the Services.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. Viz.ai collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We may receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Viz.ai may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Third Party Services. Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services for their Deployment. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations for their Deployment. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with Viz.ai. For example, if a cloud storage application is enabled to permit files to be imported to a Deployment, we may receive user name and email address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to Viz.ai to facilitate the integration. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to Viz.ai. When a Third Party Service is enabled, Viz.ai is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to Viz.ai in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider. We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
- Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import (such as an address book from a device) is collected when using the Services.
- Third Party Data. Viz.ai may receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional Information Provided to Viz.ai. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Viz.ai. If you make a request through our Trust Center Website, you will be asked to provide your full name, email address, phone number (for 2 factor authentication), institution name, and job position. You may also provide free text information to Viz.ai through our Websites, including our Trust Center.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as contact information, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by Viz.ai in accordance with applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Viz.ai is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to an Authorized User, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
Viz.ai uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Viz.ai uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond. For example, we will use the information you provide to us to respond to Trust Center requests.
- To develop and provide algorithms, tools and additional features. Viz.ai tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Deployments and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve the way we present studies to Authorized Users by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of studies, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience or create new features and products. Viz.ai may access Customer Data and Other Information including messages within the mobile application to better understand how Authorized Users use and engage with the Services.
- To send emails and other communications. We send you alerts through the mobile application when we identify a suspected condition and if you are “on call” within the mobile application. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Viz.ai. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Viz.ai may need to contact you for account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
Viz.ai will retain Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Typically, Viz.ai will retain Customer Data and Other Information for the duration of a Customer’s subscription term in the Customer Agreement. Viz.ai may retain Other Information after you have deactivated your account for the period of time needed for Viz.ai to pursue legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with (and demonstrate compliance with) legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Viz.ai may share and disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions. Viz.ai will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with the Customer Agreement, a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services. When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users. For example, an Authorized User’s email address or phone number may be displayed with their Deployment profile in order to use the Services, for example to enable rapid communication between the stroke team and the emergency department of a referring hospital in connection with the care of patients.
- Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of Deployment activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Customer Data and Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services.
- Corporate Affiliates. Viz.ai may share Customer Data and Other Information with its corporate affiliates and subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Viz.ai’s Business. If Viz.ai engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Viz.ai’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Customer Data and Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. Subject to the Customer Agreement, we may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Customer Data and Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective Viz.ai customer the average response time to alerts within a typical Deployment.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Customer Data and Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Viz.ai or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. Viz.ai may share Customer Data and Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Viz.ai takes security of data very seriously. Viz.ai works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Viz.ai has received internationally recognized security certifications for ISO 27001 (information security management system) and ISO 27018 (for protecting personal data in the cloud).
To the extent not prohibited by applicable law, Viz.ai does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email dpo@Viz.ai.
1819 Polk Street 293,
San Francisco, CA 94109
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer